HILL COUNTRY RIFLES .338 LAPUA HILL COUNTRY RIFLES BRAND NEW MANUFACTURE LIGHTWEIGHT HUNTER IN .338 LAPUA MEANS SCREW THE .300 PRC, SCREW THE .300 RUM, SCREW ALL THE WANNABES WHY NOT BUY WHAT THEY ARE ALL TRYING TO BE? THE .338 LAPUA WHICH WEIGHS THE SAME OR LESS THAN THE “NEW” ELD WANNABES, RECOIL IS THE SAME, AMMO AVAILABILITY EVERYWHERE IN THE WORLD, LONGER TERMINAL BALLISTICS, AMMUNITION FOR WHITE TAILED DEER TO ELEPHANT.. TALK ABOUT VERSATILITY?
DEALER INVOICE IN PICTURES. DEALER INVOICE DOES NOT INCLUDE THE NIGHTFORCE SCOPE NOR AMMUNITION.. INVOICE IS FOR RIFLE ONLY! THIS IS A COMPLETE HUNTING PACKAGE FROM HCR AND ROCKEGROUP. ROCKEGROUP HAS AN ACCOUNT WITH NIGHTFORCE AND FORWARDED THE SCOPE TO HCR FOR PROFESSIONAL INSTALL WITH BALLISTIC TURRET. ROCKEGROUP ORDERED THE PREMIER AMMO DIRECT FROM CHOICE.
1. This rifle’s test target has all rounds touching; officially it shoots .4 of an inch which is sub 1/2″ groups with Choice Ammunition 300 Grain AccuBond. That means at 600 yards this is shooting under 3 inches. At 1200 yards the rifle shoots under 6 inches. The rifle does.. unfortunately neither of us do! But if you are looking for exceptional here it is. This rifle covers all North American game, all African game. All of it. Lets whine about test targets.. if the bullet diameter is .338 of an inch how can it shoot 1/4″ groups (.250 of an inch)? Do not answer this Alex. Please.
2. Rifle is scoped with the premier Nightforce NX8 4-32x scope Model C633 with the Tremor 3 reticle; magnification from 4x power to 32x power. Illuminated with a ballistic turret direct from Kenton which programmed and blueprinted this rifle with Hill Country Rifles and Choice 300 Grain Nosler Accubond. This specific platform enables you to dial past 1700 yards using this marked turret. Target at 850 yards? Put the turret on 8.5. Target at 425 yards? Put on 4.25. Target at 1400 yards? Put on 14.. and practice a lot. You are going to really learn how to read wind if’n you are going to smack em at 1400.. unless you crack em at dawn!
3. Every manufacturer has tried and continues to try to outperform the .338 Lapua in a smaller, lighter, less recoiling package; 33 Nosler, .300 PRC, .300 RUM and on and on. Some have had and continue to have moderate success, but NONE have yet to actually beat the .338 Lapua ballistically. Rather than try to mimic the .338 Lapua why not build an awesome .338 Lapua hunting platform utilizing all of the current state of the art manufacturing resources that weighs the same OR LESS than these other copycats and recoils the same or less? Hill Country Rifles succeeds in hand building a scoped .338 Lapua hunting rifle that weighs in at 9.8 lbs. That is less than most 300 PRC rifles, 30 Nosler rifles, definitely less than the .300 and .338 RUM.. and hey let’s not forget that you do not actually carry your hunting rifle right? It is in an Eberlestock pack certainly not slung over your shoulder. Even on a day hunt I carry the full size Eberlestock pack with a pillow in it along with other minor items. The pack is what you shoot off of. Right? Ok maybe a tripod or bipod.. as an aside these were ordered with a custom picatinny rail specifically for a bipod. Last thought; keep in mind .338 Lapua ammunition is available in every country in the known world to include Ecuador, Bahamas, Sri Lanka, et al. Oh, and is, has been, and will continue to be a premier U.S. Government sniper round.
4. Everything is done. Rifle has the LRP Long Range Package which includes barrel break-in; the REAL complete barrel break in which is an in-depth 6 hour ordeal. Done. Scope validation with this specific ammunition. Done. Scope mounting with picatinny rail, done. Box test. Done. 200 yard zero, done! Pick up, load up, and shoot!
5. Ammunition: Staying with the best.. Choice Ammunition.. 300 Grain Nosler AccuBond in Lapua brass. Unique white polymer tip assures accuracy and smooth chambering, while the boat-tail base at the rear of the bullet acts as a platform for large diameter mushrooms. Designed for accuracy near or far, Nosler’s AccuBond provides undeniable reliability. The result is a bullet that flies true, penetrates deep, won’t cause extensive barrel fouling, and will retain 60-70% of its weight. The white polymer tip helps protect against deformation while initiating expansion upon impact. Nine boxes, 180 rounds. HCR used the other box for zero, validation, box test. Note this is loaded with premier Lapua brass..
AMMUNITION NOTIFICATION: Choice Ammunition does not have a “dealer” program with Rockegroup, LLC. We pay the exact same price listed on their website + shipping which is $170 per box of 20 (Lapua brass). That is what you pay for when you want the “best”.
7. From Hill Country Rifles website: “This is the ultimate long range hunting rifle. We have combined the unmatched accuracy of the 338 Lapua with the Our Rifleman stock and a hunting weight match grade barrel. This rifle weighs 9 to 9.5 pounds. Built on a Defiance Machine Deviant Hunter action with one piece fluted bolt, M-16 style extractor, Jewell trigger, and a #6 contour barrel with perfectly fit prone position muzzle brake. Recoil is similar to a 308 Winchester. The rifle is fully Accurized into our Rifleman stock with 1″ Pachmayr Decelerator recoil pad. You will have all the energy you need for any ethical long range hunting shot and you have plenty of rifle and accuracy for plates out to 2000 yards! Fun to play with and to hunt with. We guarantee 3-shot 1/2 MOA groups at 100 yards with recommended factory ammunition”.
8. Atlas duofold Bipod: Atlas bipod, tall with quick release. pops on/off in two seconds. Adjustable for height, cant, degrees individually can be set per leg. Model BT47-LW17 PSR Atlas Bipod: Tall with ADM 170-S Lever.
9. BUILD/COST Invoice is in the pictures. Price for rifle with NO scope is $7922. Then you have to buy a Nightforce NX8 4-32 Illuminated for $2400 and ship to Hill Country Rifles for installation and mounting (included on the invoice). Long Range Package as described above $644. Choice Ammunition, 10 boxes, 200 rounds = $1700. Note you only get NINE cause you donated one for the cause! BT Industries bipod as described $349. Total to order one and get in 14 months would run $13,015. Then add GB fees.. Az pays tax. Visa mc discover AMEX with valid ID only.
10. Over a one year build time; you need to order the rifle, put down a deposit, and wait. You need to contact Nightforce and make sure you can get a scope. Then contact Kenton for a ballistic turret. You will need to provide the caliber, exact bullet used (.300 grain AccuBond), the exact velocity of that exact cartridge from your barrel (length), the exact height mount above bore your scope is, the temperature (average) you want the turret set at, the altitude (average) you want the turret set at. Then wait some more. Once you get all that ship to Matt at Hill Country and he will install them. Then he will charge you the balance and ship the rifle to you. Then you can verify zero, do a box test, break in the barrel. Or you can have it all done for you ready to roll out of the box for 13k ish.
There are no reviews yet.