STEYR HS .50-M1 STEYR MANNLICHER .50BMG 24 INCH SUPERMATCH SNIPER WITH NIGHTFORCE ATACR 5-25, CASES OF AMMUNITION, FULL RAILS, BIPOD, MONOPOD PLUS MORE! Some pictures show two rifles you are buying ONE ONE ONE rifle as described with accessories. One. Not two.
STEYR HS .50-M1: First note this is not the civilian “HS” unit these are the military and Gov’t contract M1 units typically available to Law Enforcement and Gov’t agencies think BORTAC, Homeland Security, etc etc. 100% civilian legal. “The Steyr HS .50 is a heavy-hitting rifle built for a new era of long range shooting. The free-floating barrel is cold-hammer forged, providing consistent accuracy when launching .50 BMG rounds at an effective anti-personnel range of up to nearly 1,650 yards (1,500 meters) with an anti-material range of over 2200 yards (2000 meters). The top of the line issue and LE M1 configuration includes a 5-round detachable magazine and a 24” (610mm) barrel for optimal usage. With it’s 5 round detachable magazine and multi purpose picatinny rail system it meets all requirements of a modern law enforcement and military long range sniper rifle. The sideloading 5 round magazine allows changing the magazine without moving the rifle. The rifle has a “Take down” design that allows easy disassembling for transport and same point of impact after reassembling.
The STEYR HS .50 M1 features:
- 5 round magazine
- Multipurpose Picatinny rail system (20 MOA)
- Adjustable cheek piece
- Adjustable butt plate
- Newly designed and fixable bipod
- Adjustable monopod at the buttstock
ROCKEGROUP IMPRESSIONS: The best .50 BMG manufactured in my opinion. I said “my opinion” Alex so do not need to hear any of your whiny ass emails please do not bother. Back to my opinion. I cannot stand Barrett .50 BMG rifles and truth be told do not carry nor care for any of their product line. Their AR platforms are surpassed by Geissele and JP and their .50 BMG rifles are served with crap happy battle triggers and frankly rough machine work. They do not compare to Steyr in any way. The premier M1 Steyr includes everything the shooter needs; bipod, monopod, side rails, top rails, adjustable stock for comb height and cant and LOP. Nothing to add to this rifle. Of particular note:
1. Trigger system is for a Tier One operator. Two stage with a 2.5lb release on the second stage with the first stage nothing but smooth draw until minor resistance. It is the finest trigger system ever installed in, or utilized on, any .50 BMG in the world. The trigger is one of the key factors that will enhance the ability of the end user to put accurate rounds downrange.
2. The bolt is slick. I have examined these closely and cannot find how this bolt system seems to run on ball bearings. It is slick. As if you were running a premier PRS 6.5 Creedmoor. Smooothest running bolt on any .50 and smoother than nigh to any of our other bolt guns to boot.
3. Crème de le résistance is the side charging magazine. While behind this platform you never need to loose your cheek weld nor sight picture nor move your weapon to reload. Right hand stays in your operating zone grasping the pistol grip with your index finger astraddle while your left presses the magic button to release the empty magazine. The new loaded 5 round magazine slips in easily; again as if on ball bearings. Slick. No shoving, no twisting, no finding. Might be a magnet in the receiver that simply sucks in the magazine. Not positive but I reckon there must be..
4. Supermatch barrel is 24 inches. How freaking awesome is that! We have called BS on 33 inch barrels for a decade and eventually the world caught up with us and reality. The 33 inch HS unit is a single shot only, is ungainly, unholy, and nigh to useless. Yes it will shoot 2000 meters. So will this. In addition this is a serious bull barrel adding weight. The barrel keeps the platform stabilized, centralizes overall weight (24 inches), reduces felt recoil tremendously, has a massive cooling area, threaded and suppressor ready.
5. The M1 comes with a complete picatinny rail system for all your conceivable needs whilst the HS and others do not.
OPTICS: Premier Nightforce top of the line ATACR 5-25 X 56 Tremor 3 model C574. Same optic utilized by your USSOCOM elite snipers. Reviews all over the web but it is the Tremor 3 reticle and first focal plane allowing range estimation. Keep in mind the first focal plane does not inhibit precise long range shooting as a “second” and “third” reticle dot appear as you increase magnification insuring the smallest point available for precise smackdown. Toggle between red and or green illumination your choice. Mounted with Barrett Tactical Ring package.
AMMUNITION: Two full military issue cans of new manufacture (not surplus) .50 BMG M33 Ball. Total 200 rounds, 100 rounds per can. Each can includes 25 rounds of tracer ammunition; total ammo count is 50 rounds tracer and 150 rounds FMJ. Again this ain’t PPU ammo or PMC. It is full military spec Federal ammunition. Ammunition availability? Everywhere in the world has ammo for this rifle; so do we. How much and what do you want?
ACCESSORIES: Rockegroup packages ship with two factory OEM magazines while theirs ships with one. Ours ship in an oversize drag bag; room for your extra clothing, hydration, food.
COST/BUILD: Realistically you cannot get the components to build this rifle and honestly do not think you can even get the rifle to begin with. But let’s pretend. On the Steyr website you can go to their rifle builder and the price for this unit is as “low as” $9100 + shipping = $9202. Then find a Nightforce Model C574 ATACR in stock somewhere for $3450. Barrett rings $250. Drag Bag as shown in the pictures $303. Federal .50 BMG ammo is $640 per issue ammunition can you get two = $1280. Our units ship with two magazines; theirs ship with one. Magazine upcharge on the Steyr site is $350. Professional scope mount with box test and certification $160. Total if you could “build” one would run $14,995. Then add GB fees. Az pays tax visa mc discover AMEX add 3.5%
There are no reviews yet.